• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Real back pain

smb43432

Greenlighter
I believe I have a serious back injury. I was dumb and decided to wrestle one of my friends. The next day I woke up with a very sore lower back.

I thought it was getting better by doing yoga but again when I woke up the next day is was worse. I have to go to work and just go through the pain.

I am considering making an appointment with my family doctor but I don't want to waste my time. He's gave me vicodin before but has mentioned to me he does not like giving them out to kids my age (I'm 20). I am no pill addict, I only take pills when they are prescribed to me, have never been addicted either, I am really in pain.

Is there anything I can do to convince my doctor that I really am in pain and that I need relief during work? I am a college student and only work during the summer so I don't want to change asking for days off plus I could use the money.

Welcome to Bluelight smb43432! This question is probably best suited to the Healthy Living forum. A support mod will likely move it there for you after a while. Its against the rules to post about any fraudulent means to obtain drugs or to strategize Doctor shopping or the like. Until you see the Doctor I'd recommend naproxen. The best advice will be just to tell the Doc what is happening. Of the easily obtainable NSAIDs it has the best reputation for helping with skeletal muscle pain. When you are not sure where to put a thread you can always post in Homeless Threads. Hope you feel better soon.

sorry about that. please move this to the correct forum

I just want my doctor to know I am responsible enough to handle these drugs.

Sorry brother but bluelight is not here to help you get drugs legal or otherwise.

Your doctor knows you and what is best for you so its something only he can sort out.

sleep with a towel rolled up in the small of your back it should help reduce some of the pain in the morning. but honestly get to your doctor and be honest about the pain when you feel it most and how frequent. they will prescribe what is best for you and maybe a visit to the physiotherapist is in order.

I'm don't think I'm going to go. I feel stupid going in and saying "uh my back hurts doc". It sounds like I'm going in just to get a script to me.

Neurophen gel has given me the best relief from back pain and I'm a heroin addict. It really works cause it delivers concentrated anti-inflammatory and pain reliving action where you need it.

Your back pain will resolve on its own in most cases and it sounds like you sprained/strained your back and you didn't give yourself enough rest following the injury. If you're not displaying red flags like bowel and bladder dysfunction or abnormal sensations in your saddle area you should be fine.

Take some OTC anti-inflammatories and start moving aroundl go for a walk or hit the pool. Start doing light yoga in a few more days.

Hypothetically if you were having serious genuine restrictions in your mobility and you walked into a MD office they would likely believe you and prescribe a anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxer.

Your back pain will resolve on its own in most cases and it sounds like you sprained/strained your back and you didn't give yourself enough rest following the injury. If you're not displaying red flags like bowel and bladder dysfunction or abnormal sensations in your saddle area you should be fine.

Take some OTC anti-inflammatories and start moving aroundl go for a walk or hit the pool. Start doing light yoga in a few more days.

Hypothetically if you were having serious genuine restrictions in your mobility and you walked into a MD office they would likely believe you and prescribe a anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxer.

I know they recommend you walk around more instead of lying down.
A really good pain reliever though is clove oil, not just dental pain. Buy the 5% dilution from any chemist mix it in a little oil and just gently rub over the back where it hurts. It will start making the area numb, this is a good time not to do anything stupid like wrestle lol

Hey, don't feel bad that you have really hurt yourself. If it seriously impacts your life, then don't think twice about talking to your doctor about it. I'm sure Ibuprofen can help to some extent, and I'm sure your doctor will ask you if you've tried this or if this helps you. Best of luck!

I had a back injury and had surgery to correct it. What I learned from physio is that cold packs work better than heat.
Try wrapping up form frozen veggies in a towel and lay on it- or, buy a cold pack that goes in the freezer.
Ibuprofen all the way..........Good Luck with the pain and recovery!

Ibuprofen is pretty bad for you, especially to take more than a few days in a row.

Why not try some safer anti-inflammatories like cannabis, the enzyme bromelain from pineapples, 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodoamphetamine, eicosapentaenoic acid (from fish oil), curcumin + piperine, quercetin, harpagoside, gingerol, etc.?

I have hurt my lower back before. Just eat healthy, take an easy on your back, maybe stretch it a little once your feeling better, and just give it time. Usually it will go away within a couple days.

If you feel the pain is unbearable or its affecting your life where you cant function normal(minus lifting heavy stuff like that), hit up the doctor.

Ibuprofen is pretty bad for you, especially to take more than a few days in a row.

Why not try some safer anti-inflammatories like cannabis, the enzyme bromelain from pineapples, 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodoamphetamine, eicosapentaenoic acid (from fish oil), curcumin + piperine, quercetin, harpagoside, gingerol, etc.?

How exactly is ibuprofen bad for you at standard doses? I mean obviously daily dosing over weeks and months can cause gastrointestinal irritation and such, but other than that?

It anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties are so much stronger than many of the ones you recommended, so that makes it more desirable in many ways. And the fact that it is widely available.